American University of Sharjah is one of the leading universities in the Middle East. For more than 20 years, AUS has inspired thousands of students to achieve academic excellence, while gaining the confidence, knowledge and desire make an impact in the wider community.
AUS offers a wide range of choice to undergraduate students – from mass communication and architecture to computer engineering and business administration. All students are encouraged to apply for grants, scholarships, and work-study opportunities.
Ranked as one of the top 50 universities under 50 years of age (QS World University Rankings), AUS has proven to be an ideal setting for the promotion of cross-cultural understanding, as well as an educational environment where every student can realize their full potential.
On July 23 AUS representatives will conduct a free webinar for prospective undergraduate students and their parents. The program will include two major parts.
AUS First Year Experience: Giving you the best start to university life
Dr. Mehvash Ali and Erica Lee Payne
- What makes college so different, anyway?
- Managing freedom with responsibility
- Making the most of your first-year
- The AUS First Year Experience
Becoming an AUSer: What you need to know
Doa Qutifan, Student Recruitment Coordinator
- Majors and minors
- Financial Grants and Scholarships at AUS
- Your online application to AUS & Deadlines
- Student Life at AUS
Earning an undergraduate degree from AUS is an experience that will change your life. This experience can set you apart in a competitive work environment, help you carve out an exciting career path or allow you to pursue the highest academic attainments of your field.
AUS programs are based on societal and industrial needs of the region and provides a blend of liberal arts and professional degrees. All of them are English-taught.
What makes studying at AUS so unique?
- AUS is based on an American model of higher education and grounded in the context of UAE culture, and integrates broad-based liberal arts education with professional education studies
- The method of classroom instruction is American in its emphasis on individual initiative, active learning and the application of knowledge
- Exciting opportunities to be part of industry-based research, professional internships and projects in partnership with industry professionals
- A highly diverse blend of cultures, ethnicities, and religions – with 90 nationalities from around the world represented at the campus, AUS has the highest percentage of international students of any ranked university in the world according to the Times Higher Education (THE) rankings
AUS will offer you choices, encouragement, and guidance to enable you to put your best into your university years. Throughout the region and the world, AUS graduates are being recognized for their achievements in architecture, design, business, communications, engineering, science and more.
Join the webinar on July 23 to learn more about studying at AUS!